Thursday, April 15, 2010

First big step in Bodylogue's journey

First and foremost I want to thank FRANCESCA MANTANI ARKUS. Without her this play would be nowhere.

She said YES when I only had an idea.
She said YES when all I had were a few pages of journal entries.
She said YES when many had said no to developing this play with me.
She said YES when I could offer her no money in return for her time and talent.
She said YES when there was just an empty space.

But she said YES and I am eternally thankful to her. We met for a meeting on April 28th, 2009 & our first rehearsal was May 14, 2009. So it has been a year.

This play is a turning point in my life. I can feel it. I am not sure how it will manifest itself in reality, but I know I am changed for good through this experience.

Two more performances to go.

Thanks to all the friends and family for their support. Especially my family in India who are a big part of this play.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Deepti! Your performance was amazing... you had us captivated! Looking forward to seeing more of your work. Four of my friends are coming to see you at the next showing.
    All the best,
    Sharon & Anurag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo, Deepti! Its phenomenal.... so intense but comprehensible!!! Don't let Sonu die! (in other words) we are waiting for the sequel :)

    ~U

    ReplyDelete