Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Serena Williams' Top Five Body Image Quotes

There is no one who embodies the word "fierce" better than Serena Williams. The tennis star returned to the court yesterday after more than a year in recovery from a series of injuries to defeat Arvane Rezai at Wimbledon in England.

This was Williams' 15th Wimbledon, and fourth Wimbledon win. No doubt about it, she’s on fire. If you’ve ever wanted to know the secrets of her killer confidence, look no further. Here are some of her most memorable body image quotes:

Serena WIlliams Top 5 Body Image Quotes
1. She told Harpar’s Bazaar in 2010 that “my smile is my favorite part of my body. I think a smile can make your whole body."
2. “I have it in me,” she told ESPN 2009. “I believe in my game, and I believe in me. At the end of the day, I’m my biggest fan. Well, maybe my dad. But other than that, you have to be your biggest fan. I’m working on trying to stay positive."
3. She shared some words of wisdom that her sister had given her in 2009: “Venus told me the other day that champions don’t get nervous. That really helped me a lot. I decided I shouldn’t get nervous and just do the best I can.”
4. “I want women to know that it’s okay. That you can be whatever size you are and you can be beautiful inside and out. We’re always told what’s beautiful, and what’s not, and that’s not right,” she said in  2009.
5. "I told you guys I'm delicious," she told The New York Times in 2009. "Today I was vicious and ambitious."

By Alanna Nunez

Source: http://www.shape.com/lifestyle/entertainment-and-celebrities/serena-williams-top-five-body-image-quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment