Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Price of Beauty

Jessica Simpson has a new show on VH1. I have seen 2 episodes in the hope that the show might actually be addressing what the title of the show suggests it will address. No surprise then that I am disappointed. They went to India and it couldn't have been more superficial.
My husband said, "Why are you expecting more from VH1 and Jessica Simpson? Of course the show is fluffy." I agree with him, nonetheless I was hoping that perhaps PERHAPS this would really be about beauty and what is also the opposite of beauty in societies. I don't mean that anyone is ugly, but I mean that every culture and society has its own version of ugly. The price of beauty is paid by those who feel the need to compensate for something by lightening their skin or getting boob jobs or nose-jobs and what not.

Well, here is another show that stereotypes all cultures yet again and what a waste of an opportunity and money. Its a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment